Friday, 26 August 2016

Frugal Friday [V8]



I first encountered Campbell's V8 Vegetable Juice back in the States in the 1950's.

Now that the Tesco price is £1.68 for a litre carton I am happy to include a glass a day, straight from the fridge as a refreshing drink with the added bonus that it is allegedly good for me.

Once upon a time I was a smokin', drinkin' full English breakfast and steak and chips kinda  guy.

Now I am not!  I still draw the line at nuts and oats and gritty brown bread but good old V8 keeps my eyes brighter, my nails from splitting and more basic functions regular.

I have no idea if Campbells still make it as their name is no longer featured on the carton.

V8 qualifies for a Frugal Friday spot because it is so thick that, after decanting my first glass, I top up the carton again with cold water and give it a good shake,

Now that's Frugal! 

This Ford V8 logo on leather recalls another of my '50s great loves and this upholstery pic by David Duchemin [my Author of The Month] evokes happy back seat memories.