Tuesday, 9 August 2016

Summer Notebook

 It was an impulse buy once removed. 

We were shopping in TKMaxx and, as usual, I found an excuse to lurk around the recently restocked book and stationery section.

I was instantly drawn to this relaxed, cool,
coastline notebook. 

The gold 'label' on the cover is actually printed there. Alas, I was temporarily without funds so, knowing that most stores rarely move stock around, I found a hiding space to stow the notebook behind a couple of large hard backed picture books. Sure enough, a couple of days later it was still there and this time I had £3.99 rattling around in my pocket. So the deed was done!

According to the back cover it was published by Fringe Studios in Culver City California and was printed in Korea.

It was obviously not as old as the hills because the front two pages had calendars for both 2016 and 2017.

My handwriting is small with my Lamy Safari extra fine point fountain pen so I was delighted to find that the pages have very light grey and closely spaced printed lines on smooth ivory paper.

I couldn't find any more  info about this particular range and as they say in TKMaxx, 'when it's gone it's gone'. Well that's not quite true because I found another copy yesterday with a slightly bent back cover.

At the moment I have no idea what they will be used for, but isn't it enough that they feel good and look cool enough ... in the old fashioned sense of the word, to make me smile?

If you don't share my fascination for stationery you will not understand my motivation as I hold these pages of 'future creativity', at least not yet. One day you surely will.

Before I go, please take a look at the Baum-Kuchen link over on the right of this page and, while you are there, sign up for their monthly 'love letter' email where you'll find some fascinating notebook entries about this Mom  Pop business and their cute daughters.

On the topic of journals and notebooks, go to
www.handwrittenwork.com/inhandwriting/2015/8/6/once-a-writer-now-a-handwriter/ and
www.handwrittenwork.com/handwriting/2015/9/4/underneath-the-colorful-covers/

These are both good for a quick read.

See ya soon?