Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Midweek Musing La Vie Graphite & Soul Coaxing

SOMETIMES I NEED TO REMIND MYSELF ...

That I was created to be a human being and not a human doing.

That it is too easy to forget the third ingredient of mind, body and spirit.

That my parents gave me the gift of faith and that religion isn't the same as faith.

That I am blessed to have enjoyed a Catholic education which included retreats and meditation,






I no longer attend Mass regularly and I do attempt to stay in touch with my soul-full side.

My church these days is the seashore and contemplation is easy there.

In quieter moments at home I read the Diary of Faustina Kowalska.

It brings me back to base and answers many questions.

The photo above is an old photo of my deceased mother, a prayer card for her father, a copy of my favourite devotional book and the rosary that travelled the world with me for the last seven decades since it was given to me when I was confirmed, These are the only bits of RC memorabilia that I own. But, faith isn't in artefacts even if they help.

I was surprised to find that 'Speculator', the author of LaVie Graphite blog, knows of Faustina and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

In his post of Thursday June 9th 2016 he explains how.

But I know EXACTLY where he is coming from with this:

... A retreat is neither escapist, nor is it a problem solving venture; it is an intentional pause, a surfacing for air. I return to the same difficulties that I'd  interrupted, yet with some experiences for reflection, a little more strength and new reminders of the broader universe... copyright La Vie Graphite. https://laviegraphite.blogspot.co.uk