Friday, 11 November 2016

Hopper, Turner, Fountain Pens.

Last month I touched on my enjoyment of paintings by Edward Hopper

Three years ago I took this photo during an Autumn coffee break at Margate's Turner Contemporary Art Gallery - which has a couple of amazing free exhibitions at the moment.

I no longer have the tiny film camera and have replaced it with a similar size digital job.

The point is that I feel this photo has a touch of the Hopper about it ... as if it is a detail from one of his interior studies.

Friday November 4 was National Fountain Pen Day in USA. The following clipping is from the blog by Wonder Pens......... if you click on it it may get bigger. If you still cannot read it then use the link on the right. The pen is my Lamy Safari.








































'ALWAYS CARRY  A PAPER AND PEN WITH YOU TO CAPTURE IDEAS. 
THE GODS OF INSPIRATION  DO NOT HONOR CELLPHONES' Anne Lamott
[via internet from Nate Dickson.com/ on 03.10.2016


Then add a fountain pen to your Christmas list!

Be happy and thanks for stopping by.