Wednesday, 15 February 2017

From Elsewhere

With half an hour to spare I visited a few blogs that had been ignored since the end of last year.

That's how I found this item at baum-kuchen.net which is an extract from a book which was suggested by their guest blogger Trina O'Gorman on July 29 2016.

"The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make while doing this. I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three of them sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of a swing on a summer's day. ages 6,4 and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, what we talked about and how they sounded and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in a hurry to get on with the next things; dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less"
-Anna Quindlen from her book 'Loud and Clear'

OK. I leave it there for you to think about.

Meanwhile I have been catching up with the January issue of the USA magazine Success featuring an interview with, and a free cd by, Tony Robbins. I met Tony 17 years ago when he visited London and he revitalized my interest in Personal Development, Public Speaking and Life Coaching just when it was waning. Tony is a charismatic showman, salesman and mentor.
Here is my daughter keeping warm earlier this month ... is she running towards something or away from it?

Can't tell you 'cos I didn't take the photo.

Always found it difficult to keep up with her!