Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Start Bay Notebook 3 Months On


 It looks like Spring down by the harbour, but it feels like Winter out in the biting wind.

As the evenings grow longer and lighter it is good to know that we have weeks of great weather to look forward to.

It was in deep Midwinter when I acquired my fabulous Start Bay Notebook cover in thick, luxurious, leather.

Truth to tell it hasn't even ventured out of doors yet because I ordered the A5 size and it is way too heavy to cart around. Instead I use it to contain a few Moleskine notebooks that I can slide out and write in when the muse strikes. However it is wearing well and I still gain pleasure from handling it.

Here it is, along with a copy of what is probably the best, briefest, smallest and quirkiest books about the pastime called journaling. This is a topic that we have left alone for too long and that we will return to,

Meanwhile, here is a cover shot of the book with a Lamy fountain pen and £1.50 to indicate its size. More about the book coming this Friday [If I remember]

As Benjamin Franklin wrote; "Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn."